Victoria Hospital (London, Ontario)
Victoria Hospital, in London, Ontario, is a large teaching hospital affiliated with the University of Western Ontario. Along with University Hospital it is part of London Health Sciences Centre. The dedication of Victoria Hospital occurred November 16, 1899. At that time, it replaced the London General Hospital which had been created in 1875.
The first hospital on the grounds of Victoria Park was part of a military barracks. "The Framed Hospital" built in 1838 eventually became Victoria Hospital which today is one of the oldest and largest teaching hospitals in Canada.